CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Forget and Not Slow Down- Relient K- Aternative Rock

Okay. I want this new album so so so so so SO bad, unfortunately... I am out of money. So until i get the $12 to buy the album, i will be content with this song blasting out of my radio speakers. RadioU baby!

I had the amazing experience of seeing Relient K (and Everyday Sunday!) preform this summer. Best concert i have ever been to. And i have been to quite a few. Plus i got to meet Matt Thiessen and the rest of the band, totally by accident. I smile when ever i think about it. :]

This is my anthem of the month. Except i will never ever forget my past, i wish i could go back. For some parts anyway. I need to not live in it though, and i need to shine, and embrace the future, no matter how many of the shackles chained to my ankle are dragging me back to last year.

Forget and Not Slow Down by Relient K
How many times
Can I push it aside
Is it time I befriended all the ghosts of all the things that haunt me most
So they leave me alone
Move on with my life
Be certain the steps of left and right don't fight the direction of upright
I'd rather forget and not slow down
Than gather regret for the things I can't change now
If I become what I can't accept
Resurrect the saint from within the wretch
Pour over me and wash my hands of it
It's time to decide
Which is out of my mind
Cause it'll be me unless I put some thoughts to rest and leave some faults behind
I'll watch the glint in my eye
Shine off the spring in my step
And could be blinding depending on the amount of You that I reflect
Cause I could spend my life just trying to sift through
What I could've done better but what good do what ifs do
Oh oh oh oh
There's something I should tell you now
I'd rather forget and not slow down
Than gather regret for the things I can't change now
If I become what I can't accept
Resurrect the saint from within the wretch
Pour over me and wash my hands of it
Cause I could spend my life just trying to sift through
What I could've done better but what good do what ifs do
Oh oh oh oh
There's something I should tell you now...
Amazing lyrics to an amazing song. Its always stuck in my head, but honestly, i dont even mind! I am at school so i cant exactly put the song on my playlist right now, but i will try and get to it soon. Hopefully.
Sorry i dont update this one much. I have a lot going on right now.
Loveee,
Moi.

1 comments:

Hay bug:) said...

ahh i have they album!!
wanna borrow it for freee?!