CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Superchick -alternative-

I really wanted to do a new Relient K song, but they are such a... weird... band and their songs are just awesome nonsense, not really things you can explain. But check out their new album (the birds and bee sides) cause its great.
The song I chose is called Stand in the Rain, and it's by Superchick off their Beauty From Pain album.
Lyrics:

She never slows down.
She doesn't know why but she knows that when she's all alone,
feels like its all coming down
She won't turn around
The shadows are long and she fears if she cries that first tear,
the tears will not stop raining down

[CHORUS]
So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won't drown
And one day, whats lost can be found
You stand in the rain

She won't make a sound
Alone in this fight with herself and the fears whispering
if she stands she'll fall down
She wants to be found
The only way out is through everything she's running from
wants to give up and lie down.

[CHORUS] x3

This song is neat because it's got kind a rock-ish feel but has violins which give it a different sound than most rock/ alternative bands have. Superchick does a really great job of mixing all syles of music in, and still making it sound amazing.
In this song they talk about how a girl is trying to stay strong and not drown in her fear, and that she is trying to pull everything back together, even if it's falling apart. We need to stand in the rain and not lose hope because Jesus can always catch us if we fall. "and one day what's lost will be found" is probably my favorite line because it means that even if we do go onto the wrong path, or if we get 'lost' God will always find us and we can have His hope to carry us through hard times.

YYYYY pooks YYYYY

14 comments:

Dibsy said...

I agree, Standing in the Rain is an awesome song!

pookieface :] said...

oooh i know. i love that whole CD!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this blog!!!! would you really mind if I added it to my favorite blog list??? -Krosemarie

Unknown said...

i love this song. that and "barlow girls" .......... haha.

thanks for commenting.

cady said...

(agrees with all the people above me)

(bows to the will of the people) She Like Electric 8 is now up! Haha. Thanks so much for reading && commenting. Muchly appreciated. :)

Smara said...

I love Superchick! And I checked out that Capital Lights band, they're really good!

Btw I found you on Aurley's site because you said you LOVED Family Force 5 .. They're my favorite band EVER! I just got to meet them after I saw them in show at Warped Tour last week! They're really awesome guys! :D

pookieface :] said...

awww u r soooo luckey! i was at a YL camp and couldnt go.

Kendall Eva said...

Your blog is sick! Keep posting:)

Kendall Eva said...

Thanks for the comment! I think you should totally redo your room if you want to!
Lots of Love
Rollingstone007

Anonymous said...

I have to admit this new cd of theirs is um interesting to get into. While I find Cute is what we Aim for..new cd is so much more mature than what I expected.

I like your blog.

Anonymous said...

The new reliant K is more mellow, you know. I think I like thier old stuff better.

This will sound silly, but I have Datarock's beautiful girl stuck in my head..and its the electronica stuff. Also in love with Birthday Day Massacre's "to die for" & "looking glass."

Thanks for visiting my blog.

b2the3 said...

Hey, Pooks, can I make a request for the next one you reveiw? Black roses red by alana grace. It's not hip hop or punk or any of that, but I like it...

B

pookieface :] said...

i like that song but im not sure exactly how to do a review for it... but i do like it. =]

Unknown said...

I saw that you were on my blog! Hi I am Fang Goth as you can see,

If you want to join my club ask me on my chat box ok?

-Fang Goth